Professional mediation service Harefield
Role of professional mediators
1. Create a safe and neutral environment for discussion
2. Guide both parties through the discussion of their issue
3. Address relating issues that may impact the major issue in conflict.
4. Help both conflicting parties to come to a consensus.
5. Facilitates communication of both parties during the discussion.
6. Ensures that both parties accord each other respect and are on topic.
7. Gives their clients information regarding other related resources that may be helpful.
Advantages of professional mediators.
1. They are cheaper in cost than the court.
2. Whatever is agreed on by the parties is confidential unlike in courts where everything is public.
3. They act to resolve conflicts faster than the court proceedings which might take a lot of time to resolve an issue.
4. They are neutral hence the agreement is only made by the two parties with his help as the professional mediator.
1. Unlike in a court, in mediation both parties can express their opinions and speak out their concerns.
2. If another issue arises, another mediation can be scheduled without affecting the prior agreement.
3. Both parties can check the credentials of the professional mediator unless specified by section of dispute resolution.
4. It is a private process and the public is not made aware of the results as it is in the court proceedings.